Overland 4x4 Tour
A small percentage of visitors ever see Zion Canyon from the perspective this tour provides – deep gorges with rock walls a few feet from our hands, dramatic cross-bedded formations, and a summit mesa with 270° views of Zion Canyon. We spend 80% of our drive on historic backcountry Jeep roads, visiting the Grafton ghost town, surrounding drainages and mesas, and geologic wonders. The experience involves approximately a 2.5 hour round-trip from our store in Springdale.
- Meet your tour guide at Zion Adventure Company
- Climb aboard our 1974 Mercedes Unimog for the 2.5-3 hour tour
- Obtain a headset and microphone such that you can hear interpretive information about history, culture, plants, animals and geology
- The tour is 80% off road on bumpy, rocky, somewhat dusty roads
- Visit historic Grafton Ghost Town where pioneers once lived and subsequent Western movies have been filmed.
- See views of Zion from the tops of nearby Mesas.