Zions Narrows River Hike
Zion Adventure Company will provide an outfitting information session, Canyon hiking shoes, and dry bags.
Following the Virgin River north into Zion Canyon, 1500 to 2500-foot sandstone walls slowly encroach upon the river, a mere 1/4-mile wide at the Temple of Sinawava. From here, the canyon walls squeeze down incredibly to 25 to 30-feet in breadth at “Wall Street,” defining the world-famous Zion “Narrows.” Wall Street is a 2-mile (3.2 km) section of slot canyon where the walls thin to 22-feet (7.2m) wide and 1,500 feet (455 m) high. No road or trail can take you to this awesome place; you must walk through the river to see it for yourself. Smoothly carved sandstone walls, beautifully fluted, twisting slots, and towering walls await you.
- Outfitting session at Zion Adventure Company
- 7 minute pre-hike information video
- Q & A about the hike with our helpful, friendly staff
- Get comfortable in the River Canyon Shoes
- Grab any dry bags you need
- Self-shuttle to the hike using the Free Zion Shuttle System (1 hr each way)
- Hike is 50% in the water, 50% on shorelines
- Most hikers spend 4-6 hours doing this up and back hike